Frankfurt am Main

History

In the year 1850 a gardener by the name of Schneider began producing and selling homemade apple wine. At the time he did not own a shop where he could serve his customers, so instead opted to clear out his living room.

The tavern, which was then known as “Alter Lieber” (“Old kind guy”) was renamed to the well-known name it still carries today, “Dauth-Schneider”, in 1900, following the marriage of Johanna Schneider to Carl Dauth.

In 2000 the restaurant celebrated its 150th anniversary in the 5th generation.

Following this, in 2003, the family decided to part ways with the restaurant and so the established local restauranteur Klaus Borsch and his long-time employee and business partner Paul O’Sullivan took over. After some initial renovations, the introduction of a new lunch menu and a seasonal special menu breathed new life into old walls.

While Klaus Borsch is enjoying his well-deserved retirement, you will still find the internationally trained chef Paul O’Sullivan in the kitchen. With time the restaurant has become a family affair, with his wife (“the good soul of the place”) and two daughters helping out.

Paul O’Sullivan: “Our aim is to make sure the name Dauth-Schneider is associated with quality and customer satisfaction. We constantly strive to enrich the traditional old with new ideas.”